Before proceeding towards the demonstration speech topic, let us know what it actually does.
Demonstration speech clarifies how to do something or how something works. Here, the objects or physical activity by the presenter is displayed.
It is also considered as one of the basic types of presentation. They are usually assigned to high school and college students.
This type of speech is popular in commercial and other adult training surroundings. They are among the most widespread speech.
A demonstration speech is a kind of informative speech. The primary purpose of the presenter is to teach the audience about the task or the procedures in steps.
Due to its popularity, the presenter must present the demonstration speech decisively. The key purpose of Demonstration speech is to develop skills in expository speaking.
It also helps to present a process or steps using objects or physical activity.
- Argumentative Speech Topics and ideas: A Complete Guide
- Informative Speech Topics and Ideas: The Ultimate Guide
- 100 Easy Persuasive Speech Topics and Guide
Yet, most of you might not know the basics to deliver an effective demonstration speech. If you count on the one, this article is especially dedicated to you.
Through this article, I will present demonstration speech topics along with some effective tips.
When you have selected the demonstration speech topic, make an attractive and effective starting. It is better to start with an introduction.
Follow these steps for better consequence:
- Give short description about the topic you are going to present
- Why you decide to present on the topic
- Why your listeners should understand how to do it. Give them a sneak glance of a few paybacks.
- Tell them that they are going to do it themselves after sometimes. This is the only thing your audience have to do is pursue your directions.
Table of Contents
- Outline of Demonstration Speech
- Best Ways to Elevate Your Demonstration Speech
- Some Rules for presenting Demonstration speech
- Some Demonstration Speech Topics:
- Informative Demonstration Speech Topics:
- Specific Demonstration Speech Topics:
- Tech-related Demonstration Speech Topics:
- Hobby-related Demonstration Speech Topics:
- Fashion-related Demonstration Speech Topics:
- Household-related Demonstration Speech Topics:
- Demonstration Speech Topics for Students:
- Demonstration Speech Topics for Business:
- Funny Demonstration Speech Topics:
- Demonstration Speech Topics for Health/Fitness:
Outline of Demonstration Speech
There are different methods to present a demonstration speech. Some of them are listed below:
1. Start with why
A demonstration speech deals with training the audience to carry out a task or the whole process. Just as with any instructive task, it can become helpful when your audience is motivated to learn.
It is a must to tell your audience how they get to benefit from the knowledge you are about to present. When your audience knows the reason behind learning a new task, they desire to learn.
There are different ways to encourage your audience. Yet, one of the best ways is to start the speech with a why or some motivational stories. Draw an image of how their life improves with the new knowledge.
4. Give a brief summary of the complete process
Earlier than you dive into the information, give an overview of the general process. An advanced outline of the steps implicated makes audiences understand the benefit of speech.
While learning a new task, some of your audience will fear that it is difficult. An early outline ensures your audience that it is not too difficult.
When you do not provide a brief, it’s complicated for your audience to understand the steps.
The audience won’t have the essential framework. An ideal way to show the outline is a figure explaining the steps of the task at a high level.
Together with the outline, you can list the basic needs of the task, and any assumptions you are making.
For an instance, for a speech on how to format the computer, explain with images. You can also use screenshots here to make them clear.
3. Go through the steps, one-by-one
One of the finest things about a demonstration speech is the core of your overview that is set for you. Here, you only need to endure the steps of the task in order.
Better make the sequence of steps as easy as possible. Break down the process into important steps and make your audience understand clearly.
4. Talk about preferences, extras, or variation
Now, your audience has noticed the task or procedure presented from start to end. Better provide some extra options or variations.
For an instance, you are presenting on how to cook chicken. Start with the necessary description at first. After that, discuss alternate ingredients, various flavors, and other ways to cook chicken. This makes your speech interesting.
5. Allocate time for queries
Taking queries from the audience and answering them is compatible for a demonstration speech. This lets the audience look for an explanation on any of the steps which they do not understand. Relevant to the topic and circumstances, you can decide to take questions at the end.
6. Summarize briefly
At last, you should summarize the procedure in brief, and review the advantages. This lets your audience know the benefits of performing a similar task.
Best Ways to Elevate Your Demonstration Speech
Below is the list of best tips on how to elevate your demonstration speech:
1. Try to get audience members doing it
Your preference for audience participation is often determined by how long your presentation is.
It also includes the setting in which the expression takes place. The accessibility of supplies can be shared by the audiences as well. It will be great if you get the audience to participate in the presentation.
2. Visuals lead a demonstration speech
Every demonstration speech gets better with appropriate visuals to follow your demonstration and procedures.
For an instance, for the speech on swimming, keep different relevant images. This gives audiences an idea to swim knowing the procedures.
Find here some options:
- Your body plays a significant role – For physical task speech like playing a football, your body plays a significant role. You can express each of the steps to enhance the demonstration.
- Physical support gives the real experience – There are two different types of support and they are real and models. Real support is the actual objects used while presenting the task. Models are the fake version of the real object and scaled-down version.
- Utilize images as much as possible – When your body and physical support are not enough, use images as much as possible. When you do this, it helps to engross yourself in the images to alive the action that would be implicated.
Any type of images you prefer, make sure your audience can see them with ease. If they cannot see your images they might not understand your speech as well.
3. Expand your demonstration with follow-up resources.
A single presentation may not be enough to guarantee your audiences gained the knowledge. To get a better result, provide resources they can use after the demonstration is over.
- Internet, books, pamphlets, or other specialist sources. They can ask for deeper information or high-quality training.
- Handout the steps, and diagrams or images to prove key details.
- Give contact information. So that your audience can contact in the future as they try to apply the knowledge you have presented.
Some Rules for presenting Demonstration speech
- The speech you present should be original by the applicant.
- Objects or physical activity by the presenter should be displayed.
- Presentations will take place in a normal-sized room. A table or desk will be supplied. All visual aids, property, and tools are to be supplied by the presenter.
- This category excludes the use of property or tools. This comprises, but not imperfect too, weapon, sharp knives, unsafe chemicals, and animals.
- Only one person should be used to help out the presenter. They can help as the object of the demonstration. They can also set up or handle the equipment. It is permissible for the assistant to be both an object of expression and to assist with equipment.
- The highest time limit ion of the speech is 10 minutes, counting set up and strikes down. A 30 second is allowed, after which one point will be reduced from the assessment item coping with the rate.
Some Demonstration Speech Topics:
Informative Demonstration Speech Topics:
- How to Get the best airfare
- How to Work with a travel agent
- How to become the prime minister
- How to become a pilot
- How to Pack a suitcase
- How to Travel and Leisure
- How to landscape your front yard on a limited budget
- How to read a map
- How to print a digital photo
- How to use oven
- How to set and splint a broken leg (when medical help is not available)
- How to drive a car
- How to prevent injury
- How to calculate a mortgage payment
- How to register for voting
- How to tie a knot
- How to clean running shoes
- Give a baby a bath
- Change a diaper (think about baby safety too)
- Read and understand nutrition labels
- How to avoid identity theft
- How to play poker
- How to make beads
- How to make an ice sculpture
- How to make a bird feeder
- How to attract hummingbirds to your garden
- How to whistle
- How to make your garden full of flowers year round
- How to fix a flat tire
- How to create a Halloween mask
- How to clean your car
- How to cash a blank cheque
- How to Save electricity and save money
- How to Save auto fuel and money
- How to Buying a fuel-efficient car
- How to Save Money
- How to taste wine
- How to organize a surprise party
- How to clean your swimming pool
- How to clean your golf clubs
- How to make a new candle of old ones
- How to organize your wedding
- How to make a water-colour
- How to build a shed
- How to find a public speaking program that works
- How to become a good actress
- How to become a famous film star
- How to write a film script
- How to stop thinking
- How to write a business-like letter
- How to train your brains
- How to greet Japanese people
- How to become a policeman
- How to climb a building
- How to make a dancing show
- How to become the president
- How to be in the chair in a meeting
- How to start Green Commuting
- How to board in sand
- How to ride bicycle
- How to paint a room
- How to swim
- How to draw a house
- How to play chess
- How to clean golf clubs
- How to clean shoes
- How to wash and wax a car
- How to plan a party
- How to arrange flowers
- How to wrap a present
- How to build a sled
- How to Decorate a cake
- How to make a paper aeroplane
- How to juggle
- How to iron a shirt
- How to paint a table
- How to decorate a Christmas tree
Specific Demonstration Speech Topics:
- How to Install a dimmer switch for a light (not for fluorescent lights)
- How to Install a car stereo
- How to make garden stepping stones
- How to feed a snake
- How to make a fishing lure
- How to detect if someone is lying
- How to develop the best serve in a tennis game
- How to knot a carpet
- How to make honey
- How to blow a glass
- How to use the cruise control
- How to make a genealogical tree
- How to Make a hydrogen supplemental fuel cell
- How to calculate your golf handicap
- How to make a golf swing
- How to find the best health insurance
- How to find the best car insurance value
- How to calculate wallpaper
- How to build a go-cart
- How to clean silver
- How do bulletproof vests work?
- How do airbags work?
- What can duct tape be used for?
- How to create an animated character
- How to become an empath
- How to format computer
- How to Program your cell phone
- How to Download or upload files on the computer
- How to Build a good website
- How to Build a website
- How to Set up an e-mail account
- How to set up a blog
- How to install a WordPress theme
- How to create an iPhone application
- How to upgrade the memory in your computer
- How to remove scratches from DVD’s
- How to make a foxhole radio
- How to play a computer game
- How to send an email
- How to play an online games
- How to use linkedin
- How to live a more private online life
- How to play clash of clan
- How to use a cell phone
- How to text a message
- How to bottle your own wine
- How make a sweet lassi
- How to make an ice-cream
- How to pick a color and understand the color palette
- How to Grow a herbal garden
- How to dance
- How to do card tricks
- How to make sushi
- How to ride a unicycle
- How to do magic tricks
- How to knit/crochet
- How to decorate a cake
- How to Grow and prune a bonsai tree
- How to throw a ball
- How to Play a video game to win
- How to make your own soap
- How to make candles
- How to play football
- How to use a DSLR camera
- How to create a worm farm
- How to do graffiti
- How to do poi spinning
- How to do origami
- How to take a picture with a digital camera
- How to paint an egg
- How to write a limerick
- How to line dance
- How to compose a photograph
- How to swim the backstroke
- How to pick locks
- How to edit a video
- How to dance a certain dance
- How to solve a Rubik’s cube
- How to make a pop-up card
- How to make animals out of balloons
- How to make paper Mache figures
- How to speak Italian
- How to make stained glass objects
- How to beatbox
- How to raise tadpoles
- How to arrange flowers
- How to read music notes
- How to learn playing guitar
- How to use your breath when you sing
- How to make beer
- How to play piano
- How to make a cocktail
- How to bowl
- How to read music
- How to lay a table
- How to waltz
- How to perform a card trick
- How to Apply acrylic fingernails
- How to Manicure your own fingernails
- How to Manicure someone’s fingernails
- How to Polish your shoes
- How to Accessorize with the clothes your wear
- How to Coordinate clothes for any occasion
- How to frost hair
- How to make your own jewellery
- How to apply hair dye to your hair
- How to apply a permanent to someone’s hair
- How to braid cornrows
- How to braid hair (had to do this in nursing school)
- How to dry your hair properly
- How to clean brush your teeth (back it up with scientific research)
- How to put on makeup
- How to trim a bonsai tree
- How to trim your moustache
- How to wrinkle a skirt
- How to do braids
- How to use scarves on your head, neck, body
- How to tie a tie
- How to make your own wedding dress
- How to dress like a princess
- How to become a princess
- How to fold a skirt
- How to make a new candle of old ones
- How to apply face paint
- How to Set a formal dinner table
- How to Choose a bottle of wine for dinner
- How to open a can peaches
- How to carve a pumpkin
- How to Plan a vegetarian meal
- How to Frost and decorate a cake
- How to Make a fast summer salad
- How to Make Barbecue sauce
- How to Make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- How to make a sweet dessert
- How to make ice
- How to Make a root beer float
- How to Make an omelette
- How to Make pancakes
- How to Make Ice cream
- How to Tenderize meat
- How to Make a subway sandwich
- How to Plan an eight course meal
- How to make peanut butter bars
- How to make chicken chilli
- How to Bake cookies
- How to Make devilled eggs
- How to Bake a cake
- How to Stuff a turkey
- How to Make fudge
- How to bake a pie (or anything else you like / know how to cook)
- How to be a vegetarian
- How to eat oysters
- How to make a sweet dessert
- How to Make your own jelly
- How to Eat with chopsticks
- How to make burgers
- How to make Irish Coffee
- How to make a fast summer salad
- How to Save water at home
- How to Recycle at home
- How to Build Green
- How to Save energy at home
- How to Grow your own garden
- How to change a plug
- How to mend a fuse
Demonstration Speech Topics for Students:
- How to Create a PowerPoint presentation
- How to write a resume
- How to be a model student
- How to do well on standardized tests
- How to deliver an informative speech
- How to do proper time management
- How to socialize with more people
- How to balance work and school
- How to find a part-time job
- How to write a college essay
Demonstration Speech Topics for Business:
- How to give a presentation
- How to organize an event
- How to start a bed & breakfast
- How to hire the right people
- How to sell yourself
- How to effectively close any client
- How to network well
- How to create a business plan that works
- How to make the most of working from home
- How to do nothing for a living
Funny Demonstration Speech Topics:
- How to live an anti-social life
- How to make your ex jealous
- How to get more presents on your birthday
- How to deliver a speech with a handover
- How to scramble together a last-minute presentation
Demonstration Speech Topics for Health/Fitness:
- How to lose your belly fat
- How to do yoga
- How to stretch before working out
- How to kick box
- 5 minute workouts to keep you fit
- How to perform tai chi
- How to plan your diet
- How to snowboard
- How to manage stress
- How to check your blood pressure
- How to check your blood sugar
- How to train for a marathon
The demonstrative speech topics and ideas presented above should help you get started with your demonstrative speech and deliver a powerful speech. Let me know what you think about this article by commenting below.