A persuasive speech is a speech written and delivered to convince people of the speaker’s viewpoint. It uses words to make the audience ‘see’ the speaker’s point of view and to ‘sway’ them into agreeing with it.
It is not a simple matter of presenting gathered facts and evidence. More than just seeing why the speaker thinks that way, a persuasive speech tries to persuade the audience in accepting that line of thought and make it the way they, too, think.
To jump to the persuasive speech topic section, click here.
This is where it differs from an argument. The difference between an argumentative and persuasive speech is that one tries to prove a point while the other tries to affect the listener’s perspective.
Table of Contents
- Art of Persuasion
- Presentation- Monroe’s motivated sequence
- Writing Introduction for Persuasive Speech
- Persuasive Speech Videos
- Persuasive Speech Topics
- Some more Persuasive Speech Topics:
Some examples of a persuasive speech are sales pitch, the speech of politicians, the speech of environmentalists, the speech of feminists, the speech of animal activists, etc.
In the above examples, you must have noticed that all these kind of speech has a goal. A sales pitch is to get you to buy something, politicians give speeches to get you to vote for them, and environmentalists, feminists, and animal activists have a cause to advocate. They all want you to ‘do’ something.
Action is a persuasive speech’s end goal. Ultimately, the speaker wants to persuade you to do something. And why would you do that?
Say, an environmentalist wants people to re-cycle because they think or know that it is good for the environment. Now, it is the people who need to know and think recycling is good for the environment. Only then they would recycle.
Therefore, a more complete definition of a persuasive speech would be “Speech that convinces the audience of a certain idea to inspire them into the desired action.”
Art of Persuasion
Persuasive speech is an art form.
Take an example of a man who was begging in the street. He had a hat in front of him and a sign that said “I am blind, please help” He got a few coins. Then, a lady came along, turned the sign around, and wrote something. A lot more people started to give the man money. His hat was filled with coins. What did that lady write? What persuaded people to give?
“Today is a beautiful day and I cannot see it.”
The second line got him more money because it ‘affected’ people, it appealed to their emotions more than the straightforward “I am blind, please help.” This is called pathos.
According to Aristotle, there are three components of or modes to affect people. They are Ethos, Pathos, and Logos.
Ethos in layman’s terms is credibility or authority. The dictionary defines it as “the character or disposition of a community, group, person, etc.” So, you need to have that disposition that makes you a reliable or trustable person.
For example, a woman talking about women’s problems is more likely to have an effect on the audience than a male speaker. The principal comes into the class and tells you ‘Tomorrow is a holiday and no questions will be asked. But if your teacher says so, you will investigate first. You will be more eager to listen to a popular person in the field than to a newbie.
It is having an effect on people by your person so that they would be more receiving of you.
Pathos in Greek means ‘suffering’ or ‘experience’. It is generally defined as an appeal to people’s emotions. Like in the story of the blind boy above, Pathos is to tap into people’s experience of suffering in order to move them towards a certain action.
Of course, those people have not experienced blindness but they can imagine losing the privilege of sight that they now possess. In simple words, it is to evoke feelings of pity, fear, anger, and such.
Logos is the logical appeal. This is to persuade by the means of reasoning. If the speaker makes a claim such as ‘polythene bags should be banned, then he should give a reason as to ‘why’ like ‘polythene bags do not biodegrade and continue to pollute the environment or facts like ‘Thousands of bags are produced every week and are dumped somewhere after use’ or ‘every bag produced since 19_ still exists somewhere on earth today.’
Presentation- Monroe’s motivated sequence
Presentation is very important. It is the backbone. How you perform your speech, how you deliver the words have the maximum effect on people. Therefore, a speech needs to be organized.
Monroe’s motivated sequence is a technique for organizing persuasive speech. It consists of the following steps.
Grab their attention. Start with a startling statement, an intriguing story, a dramatic action, anything that will make the audience take notice of you. This is also the introduction part. Hook them. Build their interest.
Now, convince the people that there is a problem. More than that, convince them that action needs to be taken against the problem, that it will not go away by itself. Tap into their imagination to show how this problem affects them. Use reasons and facts to support your claims and to impress upon them the need for change.
The audience should be looking forward to the ‘solution’ to the problem. They should want to know what they can do. In this step, introduce your solution. Demonstrate or give examples to make the audience understand how it works and how it solves the problem. Use testimonials or statistics to prove the effectiveness of that solution.
Paint a world where nothing was done and how it affected them. Also, paint a world where they did as you suggested and how it changed the situation for the better. Use vivid imagery to make them ‘feel’ the troubles and relief of not doing and doing as you said. Create a viable scenario. It should be relatable and believable.
Call to action. Strike when the iron is hot. It should be something that they can readily do and immediately. More the time passes less they are likely to follow with it as other things in life take precedence and the feeling of urgency is lost. Make it easy too. Do most of the handiwork so they have to put the least effort.
This is a classic technique developed by Alan Monroe in the mid-1930s. It is still the most effective basis for many persuasive speeches.
Some people are born with the skill of persuasion while others can build on it by applying such techniques and practicing. Here are some Persuasive Speech Topics that you can practice with.
Writing Introduction for Persuasive Speech
Take a look at the video below. It explains how to write an introduction for a persuasive speech.
Persuasive Speech Videos
Below are 6 sample videos of persuasive speeches.
Persuasive Speech Topics
- Why homeschooling is good and should be promoted. (School)
Some students do better in a group with a healthy competition to keep them motivated. Some children are better off studying on their own, continuing at their own fast or slow pace which is hindered when moving along with other children.
- Students should get minimum of 45 minutes tiffin break. (School)
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. Keeping children cooped up in a room for a long is not good. They need regular refreshing breaks to revitalize, to talk with their friends…
- Is it racism to ban Marijuana when smoking tobacco is legal? (Funny)
Everybody knows cigarettes are harmful and addictive. Yet, there are big industries manufacturing these drugs on a large scale. Then there is Marijuana that is less harmful, less addictive, and has dozens of use; is it not racism to ban it?
- Some juveniles needs to be prosecuted as adults. (School?)
More and more teenagers are committing heinous crimes. They know they will get off easy, that they will not face serious consequences. According to the level of savagery committed, juveniles should at times be prosecuted as adults.
- Are pretty or handsome students really dumber? (School)
This is just a stereotype, just like saying women are less logical and others. Or. That appears to hold true in most cases. As time is limited, people who spend more time on appearance spend less time learning and those who spend time learning fails to look after their appearance.
- Proficiency in academics is not the only measure of intelligence. (School)
Are grades everything? Different people possess different types of intelligence but grades measure only a few kinds. Is it not like judging a fish on its ability to climb a tree?
- What is the right age to start owing a mobile phone? (Parenting)
Most parents believe that the right age to own mobile is when children can pay for it so that they can be aware of their expenditure. Else, they might engage in long, unnecessary conversation and…
- Should children be bought a mobile phone for emergencies? (Parenting)
Mobiles or cell phones are the fastest means of communication. Should children, therefore, be allowed to owe mobiles so that they can contact their guardians in case of emergency?
- Homework should be banned. (School)
Children spend most of their waking hours in school. They have only a few hours at the home to do things other than academics. But homework is the tag along with that…
- Should men pay child support even if pregnancy was a one sided decision? (Feminism)
If a woman decides to bear a child despite her partner’s protest, is he still obligated to provide monetary support upon divorce for the same reason?
- Laws should not be based on religion.
There are many religions. Their ideas vary. But the law should be uniform. Basing laws on certain religions is like forcing the ideas of that religion on every citizen.
- Birth controls should be free and easily available. (Feminism?)
If teen pregnancy is to be avoided, birth controls should be free and easily available with no parental permission required. Imagine asking your parents if you can have sex or parents permitting it. It is the same as unavailability of the contraceptives which takes us back to square one.
- Honking unnecessarily should be punishable.
Honking during a traffic jam is not going to clear it up. It only disturbs and aggravates everyone else. Honking at girls is offensive. Honking to bully is wrong. Honking unnecessarily like this should be considered criminal and punished.
- Divorced and happy parents is better for the children than living in a conflicted home.
Some parents stay together for the sake of their children but fail to get along. This creates a very tense environment and that is not how a home should be.
- Hiding your HIV status in a relationship should be punishable by law.
HIV is a serious disease with no cure available. If a person is aware of his/her HIV positivity, withholding the information and therefore transmitting it to the unsuspecting partner in the process is criminal.
- Legalization of prostitution has more positive effects than negative.
Stopping prostitution is impossible. They will continue to operate underground where they face many problems. Girls get trafficked, tricked, or forced into it. Making it legal will at least ensure safety and justice to the sex workers and will also help control forced labor.
- Schools should take bullying more seriously. / Why bullying is a serious offense. (School)
Bullying is very damaging to the victim and can take a very dangerous turn. But it is dismissed as children’s play in most cases. We don’t realize its seriousness until it is too late…
- Partial Birth Abortion is a sin.
In this method of abortion, a living baby is pulled out from the womb feet first. The base of the skull is punctured and the brain is removed with a powerful suction machine. This is no different from murder. It is usually allowed by law only in order to save the mother’s life but many healthy mothers’ babies are aborted this way every year…
- All institutions like schools, colleges and offices should start only after 10.
When such institutions start early, people need to wake up earlier for preparation. Waking up feeling unrested can make a person inactive, irritable, and unproductive. Scientists say that a person’s mind is not fully awake until 10 in the morning…
- Sexual relationship before marriage is not a crime.
Sex is a biological need and a healthy sex life has a lot of mental and physical benefits. If the partners involved are adults and there is mutual consent…
- School and teachers should stay away from student’s personal life. (School?)
Every institution has some rule. This rule should govern the members within the institution. But some schools like to take this beyond the school grounds and have control over what students do and do not in their personal time.
- Energy drinks should be considered borderline medicines. (Health)
Energy drinks provide added energy. So, it should only be consumed when your body lacks energy, in a weakened state, like medicine. Plus, it contains a lot of caffeine that does more harm than good…
- Parents should properly answer their children’s curiosities. (Parenting)
‘How does a baby come?’ children ask and parents tell them about gods and storks. This raises more questions and does nothing but confuse the child. Try to give an anatomically correct answer without being graphic. Never try to dismiss any of their questions or scold them…
- Euthanasia, is it ethical?
A person should get to choose whether they want to live or die in dire conditions. Or. Euthanasia is no different from suicide. Supporting euthanasia is like supporting suicide.
- Prospective parent(s) should get a psychiatric approval before adoption. (Parenting)
We want to find a home for every orphaned child but we want a happy home. There are many sick people out there who want to adopt a child only to abuse them or for some other kind of personal gain…
- Cigarettes should be illegal.
Cigarettes are like drugs and they should be illegal just like drugs are. It has adverse health effects on the smoker as well as people around him…
- Smoking in public places should be fined.
Cigarettes are very harmful and their harmful smoke does not affect the smoker alone. It affects the surrounding people as well. Not all people are suicidal that way. Why should they suffer? When one’s action harms the other, it is an offense.
- Are uniforms necessary?
Uniform brings uniformity. It eliminates frivolous fashion competition which is not what school is for… Or. Clothes are a form of expression. Students spend most of their time in school. They should be comfortable with what they wear…
- Number of children one can have should be limited and children with previous partner(s) counts.
Four from two, eight from four; population multiplies that way. Already, the earth has become so crowded. If this is to continue, we will rid this world of ourselves.
- Would it be ethical to genetically design babies? (Technology?)
Yes. Why not use science to cure diseases and eradicate the possibility of a child’s suffering? Or. This method can be misused to alter more than just a threat of diseases and that will disturb the diversity in the gene pool…
- ‘Living together’ relationships, good or bad?
Marriage cannot keep together those who want to go their separate ways and those who want to together do not need such a constitution.
- ‘Early to sleep, early to rise’ benefits.
They say ‘Early to sleep and early to rise makes a man healthy and wise.’ This was not said without a reason. Going to bed early and waking up early the next day have many benefits, for both our mind and body.
- Every property should compulsorily have trees. (Environment)
Trees produce oxygen and filters air. We need more trees. But the population is increasing. We are cutting down trees to erect concrete buildings instead…
- Fast foods are overpriced.
Fast foods like French fries, burgers, pizza, etc. cost way more than they actually should. The restaurants are ripping us off. Take fries for example…
- Using animals as test subjects is cruel and unfair. (Animal rights)
For you, it is one animal among many. But for that particular animal, one life is all it has and you have no right to play with it.
- Why Gay Marriage should be legalized. (Gay rights)
Homosexuality is not a disease. It is how people are. They want to marry their partner for the same reasons heterosexual couples do. Not legalizing gay marriage is discrimination…
- Marriage is not about procreation. (Gay rights)
One, almost logical, reason people give against gay marriage is that they cannot bear kids because of which it is definitely not natural/ biological or ‘how god intended’. But marriage is not about procreation. It is about you and your comfort or happiness, about who you want to spend the rest of your life with.
- Electronics are stealing childhood.
These days, children spend a lot of time on mobile phones, computers, or other electronic devices instead of running around, going out, and playing as a child should.
- Teens cannot be good parents. (School/ Parenting)
Some teens decide to start a family when the female partner gets pregnant. While this is seen as an admirable option against abortion, are teen parents really good for the kid?
- Ads should be tested for sexist messages before being aired. (Feminism)
Not only children but everyone learns from what they see and hear. The subliminal sexist messages in ads impart gender roles on their minds, undoing a lot of feminists’ efforts. But mostly, it brainwashes the coming generation and we should not allow that.
- Protection and breeding of white tigers is illogical; why hinder natural selection? (Environment/ Animal rights)
White tigers do not fare well in the wild due to their color. It was a case of mutation that would have naturally been eliminated if humans had not interfered. I am not saying all living white tigers must be killed but why are people breeding it in captivity instead of letting it die out? Just because they’re pretty and we like pretty?
- Exotic pets are not pets. (Animal rights)
Exotic animals belong in the wild. They need to be with their own kind, living in their natural habitat. They should not be isolated in people’s homes where their mobility is limited.
- Feminism should be made a compulsory subject in high school and college. (Feminism)
Feminism is an eye-opener. It is something every man and woman should know of. Thus, it should be a compulsory and common subject instead of being exclusive to Arts or few other faculty.
- Age 16 is not juvenile. (School?)
Are 16-year-olds really kids? Can they not be expected to know the difference between right and wrong? Maybe they do not know it is a crime to download songs and movies but what about rape and murder? If 16 is old enough to drive in most countries, it is old enough to be tried as an adult.
- Playing Video games for few hours does good. (School/ parenting?)
It has been found out that playing a few hours of video game help improve people’s hand-eye coordination and enhances cognitive power. Also, games based on real history or science can impart knowledge…
- Read before agreeing to sites and applications.
We download apps and software and signup on different sites. Each of these requires us to click ‘I agree’. We click this ‘I agree’ without actually reading the agreement. This can later cause problems…
- Is death penalty ethical?
It is not ethical to eliminate people like we try to eliminate diseases. What about human rights? Or. What kind of rights for the person who does not respect others’ rights and freedom? It is a befitting punishment.
- Send drug dealers to prison but addicts for rehabilitation.
Drug Addicts are victims too. They need rehabilitation, not prison. Dealers are the real criminals.
- Parents should cook tastier option instead of making children eat the healthy foods they don’t want.
If not meat then milk and pulses. There is a range of choices for the required nutrition. So why should children have to eat something they don’t like? Just give them a tastier option.
- If girls can wear pants, boys can wear skirts. (Funny?)
Is all equality fighting for girls only? What about boys’ rights? When girls can wear boys’ clothes why can boys not wear that of girls?
- Being slim is not just about looks but health too. (Health?)
Beauties were those who were plum. Now, skinny is the fashion. But to those who want to be ‘comfortable’ in their size, know that a slim body is more than just looks.
- There should be one holiday in the middle of workdays.
Saturday and Sunday’s rest do not keep us charged up to Friday. This makes people less productive by Thursday and Friday. A break in the middle would be wonderfully refreshing…
- Considering the real meaning behind Nursery Rhymes, should they be taught to children? (School)
The fun nursery rhyme “Ring around the Rosie” is actually about the bubonic plague that killed nearly 15% of the country. This is only an example among many. Consider the lyrics of “Three blind mice” that goes “… Who cut off their tails, With a carving knife.” Is it okay to teach these to the children?
- Countries should provide free Wi-Fi in tourist destinations.
Doing this will help tourists as they will be able to contact their people without wandering around confused in a foreign land. This will definitely increase the flow of both national and international tourists. It will be most helpful to students from abroad.
- Know the woes of genetically modified Chickens.
To meet the demand of the growing population, chickens are fed hormones and other drugs to make them grow faster and fat, especially the meat in the breast area. Because of this, the chickens cripple under their own weight. They suffer terribly…
- Children should be allowed to use electronics like mobile, notebooks etc. during breaks. (Students)
Using electronics during class is certainly bad and for a number of reasons. But break times belong to the students. Breaks are for recreation. If students choose to enjoy electronics, what is wrong with that?
- Teachers, too, should keep their mobiles in silent during class.
Class time is for teaching and learning. Students should keep their mobile in silence so as to not disturb the class. But, so should the teacher. They shouldn’t pick up their call during class.
- Humans are consuming way more salt than necessary. (Health)
Sodium is important. But the larger amount of sodium intake has often been associated with an increase in blood pressure that leads to strokes. 1500 to 2300mg is the maximum amount per day.
- Benefits of donating blood.
Donating blood is the right thing to do. It saves lives. There are a few moral reasons as such to donate blood but do you know that you are not losing anything either? Donating blood is good for your own health too…
- Why become an organ donor?
Perfectly healthy people die when trying to donate their organs to their loved ones. Even if they survive, they may have to face complications and they are now, somehow, deficient. If an organ could be got…
- Original organic fruits taste better than the hybrids.
Hybrid fruits are larger and juicer but it lacks in terms of taste. The taste tastes diluted…
- Why people who have should give.
Many people suffer from poverty. They have a hard time meeting basic needs like food, shelter, and clothes.
- Why suicide over ‘love troubles’ is stupid. (Students)
Life moves on. Time heals. Things will happen if you continue to live. But the exaggerated fictional idea of love that the movies market has…
- Why women should earn irrespective of their husband’s economic status. (Feminism)
Be independent. Money is power. Do not let anyone have an upper hand and be vulnerable to possible abuse…
- Recycle e-waste. (Environment)
E-waste contains many recoverable materials such as aluminum, copper, gold, silver etc. Reusing this will take a load off of natural resources. E-waste also contains toxins like mercury, lead, beryllium, and others that will inevitably infuse into soil and water.
- Do not tolerate abuse, speak out. (Feminism)
Certainly, nobody enjoys abuse? Then why do women continue to stay in abusive relationship despite being educated and holding a good job? Why do they tolerate other kinds of abuse as well? There are many reasons for this…
- Every citizen should be required to, at least, pass high school. (School)
Up to high school, the education is basic. Imagine needing to stop ocean pollution. An educated person would be more easily persuaded or would know why ocean pollution is bad. Or. There are good and bad people. Education will teach the good how to be good and may persuade the bad…
- Hostels, is it good or bad for children? (Parenting)
Hostels teach children independence. They learn to do a lot in their own. Or. No one can take better care of children than their parents. Children need parents’ love and support. Away in the hostel, surrounded by children no wiser than themselves…
- Teachers should discuss among themselves to avoid giving too much homework. (School)
After studying for hours in school, spending all the hours in-home doing homework will mentally tire the student. Homework should be very light. But light homework of all the teachers added will take up all of the students’ time. So…
- Importance of clubs in school or colleges. (School)
School and college clubs are the best way to learn different valuable skills in. In school and college-level clubs, the eligibility for membership is less strict and one gets to learn from the more skilled seniors.
- Should plastic surgery be so commercial?
Everyone wants to look good. When accidents or attacks disfigure us, we can turn to plastic surgery to try and gain back our lost selves. But intentionally altering ourselves to…
- Online piracy should be monitored more strictly.
People have a right to their intellectual property. It is so easy to find and download pirated materials that it seems non-criminal…
- Are single-sex schools better than coed? (School)
According to research done in Korea, students from single-sex schools scored better than those from coed and had more chances of pursuing college-level education. However, this is from a general viewpoint. When considering students at an individual level, it really depends on what kind of environment that particular student does better in.
- Spaying or neutering pets is good or bad? (Animal right)
Some say that neutering or spaying pets have a lot of benefits, both for the animal and the owner. Others say that neutering or spaying does not change much but only invites diseases upon the poor animal.
- Are master’s degree or doctorate really necessary? (Students)
High School teaches us the basics and a bachelor is more career-oriented. We can get a good job after bachelor and hone our skills for a better position. Is a master’s and higher degree really important when we can learn more in the field?
- Who is more responsible for poaching? Poachers or buyers? (Animal right)
This may be an ‘egg first or chicken question. Scientists have now found out that chickens come first but the question ‘Poacher or buyers’ remains.
- What kind of food should school or college canteen offer? (Student)
From unhealthy commercial food items to unappetizing bland gibberish; can school or college canteens not offer an in-between option? What would be best for the students?
- What age is proper to talk about the birds and the bees? (Parenting)
From the time a child starts asking about sex is the time from when to start talking about the birds and the bees. Children as young as 4-5 years old are curious about where a baby comes from. Answer them truthfully but avoid being graphic. Also, answer only what they ask.
- Fee for facilities aside, the tuition fee should be fixed by the government. (Student)
Schools and colleges take a ridiculous amount of tuition fees. It is understandable that according to the facilities provided, the fee may be less or more but the tuition fee, at least, should be a fixed amount that greedy schools cannot increase as they wish.
- How long should a drunk driver lose his license for?
Drinking and driving can be fatal to both the driver and an innocent passerby. But people do not take it seriously. They think they can handle their liquor and end up causing accidents. This is absolute carelessness.
- The amount of water one should drink per day. (Health)
About 60% of the human body is water. We continually lose this water through skin and urine. This causes dehydration…
- Aliens exist. (Paranormal)
There have been many UFO sightings and stories of alien abduction. Even in the old age paintings, cave paintings, Sanskrit scrolls, the extraterrestrial life form is evident. Scientists have found other habitable planets. An intelligent life form somewhere other than Earth is no longer an idea of a fantasist…
- White meat over red meat or the other way around? (Health)
White meat is less fatty but red meat contains more vitamins like zinc, iron, and B vitamins…
- Why religion and science should go hand in hand. / Why religion should evolve with scientific discoveries. (Philosophy)
Science explores the universe for answers while religion makes claims about it. Science is open to change, it acknowledges that it can err and backs its claims with evidence. Religion on the other hand is a ‘belief’ system
- Should astrologers, mediums and the likes be arrested for fraud? (Paranormal)
Do heavenly bodies really affect our personality or future? Do dead ones really become spirits and can be contacted through mediums? Or are these all just a big hoax?
- Cats or dogs?
Are you a cat person or a dog person? Say why a dog is better than a cat as a pet or that cat makes a better pet.
- Benefits of eating fruit over drinking its juice. (Health)
There is a whole fruit and we throw away more than half of the substance when choosing to drink its juice even though eating the fruit itself is healthier because of the fiber it contains.
- Women shouldn’t have to change their last name after marriage. (Feminism)
Having to change our last name after marriage is sexist. It confirms the power males hold over the women in our patriarchal society.
- Internet promotes communication, not kill it.
Social networks like Facebook, Twitter, messenger, and others keep us in contact with many friends that we would otherwise have forgotten. It is an easy means of communication…
- Does pressure build or break a person?
Pressure is healthy. It drives us. Or. Yes. Pressure drives us. It drives us nuts.
- Hiring volunteers on zero pay is cruel.
Volunteers are those who want to donate labor. They need not be paid for their work but what about their expenses like transportation and others? These kinds of expenses, at least, should be covered.
- Learning multiple language widens our perception of the world.
There are always those words that cannot be exactly translated to another language. This is because that way of thinking does not exist in that other language. It is like the egg of Cristopher. We discover a new way of expressing ourselves, one we couldn’t think of in the limitation of our own language.
- Oceans are not trash bins. (Environment)
Tons of human waste are thrown into the ocean. This is creating a big problem in the ocean ecosystem…
- Killing for fun is inhuman, hunting is inhuman. (Animal rights)
How to have fun with animals? By playing with them, baby talking to them, watching them in their weird but fun action. Not by chasing them down and killing them.
- Cigarette, alcohol or drugs are not the answer for stress or other problems in life.
People tend to depend on harmful substances like cigarettes, alcohol, or drugs when faced with a problem or when under stress. These substances do not cure stress but could be a self-harming method of coping with problems. People under stress tend to show more unhealthy behaviors such as these…
- Music heals.
On hearing good music, the brain releases dopamine. Dopamine is an essential chemical that plays a number of important roles in the brain and body. Music has also proven effective against stress…
- Why breakfast is the important meal of the day. (Health)
Breakfast is the first meal after a long gap during the night. It provides us with vital nutrients like calcium, vitamins, minerals, and energy…
- Fairytales should be re-written for the next generation children.
Fairytales often star a damsel in distress who not only ‘waits’ for a handsome rescuer but also possesses subjugating qualities like obedience, daintiness, etc. It imparts sexist values in young minds…
- How a time table can help manage our daily lives.
People do not realize how time table can make our day-to-day lives much more manageable and therefore fruitful or efficient. Some find it tedious and some pretentious…
- Everyone should learn swimming.
Swimming is not just for fun like cycling. It could save someone’s life. It is an important survival skill that everyone should know of.
- Good thoughts lead to good actions.
Our actions result from our thoughts. Action is a mind’s reflection…
- Benefits of meditation. (Health)
Meditation has a lot of benefits, both on body and mind. It reduces stress, improves concentration, reduces irritability, increases perseverance, etc…
- Zoos are not big enough for wild animals. (Animal rights)
How large can you make a zoo? And how can it mimic nature when different animals are confined separately. Wild animals belong in the wild.
How large can you make a zoo? And how can it mimic nature when different animals are confined separately. Wild animals belong in the wild.
Some more Persuasive Speech Topics:
Persuasive Speech Topics about Animals and Pets
- Why is adopting a pet better than buying one?
- How does having a pet better your everyday life?
- Having a snake as a pet is as cool as it sounds
- Should you get rid of a pet that harms another person?
- Is breeding pets for sale unethical?
- Selfies with animals in tourist locations should be made equal
- A dog is the perfect pet
- Why a pet is essential for a growing child
- Owning a pet makes you healthier
- Slaughterhouses are unethical
- Animals are facing extinction, we should do something about it
- Why wild animals should be left in the wild
- Petting exotic animals should be made illegal
- Why dolphin farming is horrific
- The Yulin Dog festival displays one of the worst sides of humans
- Why neutering your pets is wrong
- Advantages of owning a horse(besides looking fantastic)
- People need to stop fueling pug markets.
- Is animal slaughter for religious purposes ethical?
Persuasive Speech Topics about Automobiles
- Manual drivers are unnecessarily aggressive about their cars
- Why you should not drive without a kid seat
- Why sports cars are not worth it
- If you can’t call while driving, then why is there a hands-free mode?
- New ideas for lessons drivers have to take before getting a license
- Should you charge people for driving tests?
- Why cycling is cooler than driving
- Why traffic rules are designed against bike rides
- Driving licenses should need a renewal every 5 years
Persuasive Speech Topics about Education
- Why co-ed education is the best way to teach
- GPA isn’t everything
- 9.30 is too early
- Why teachers need to be recertified
- Listening to music during exams should be allowed
- Should sports and arts be mandatory?
- Does our school curriculum need obligatory life skill classes?
- Phones in classes are beneficial and convenient
- Every student should be encouraged to take a gap year
- Cyber-bullying should be punished the same as bullying
- Why art classes are just as important as science
- School canteens need to serve healthier alternatives
- More institutes should promote nternational exchange programs
- Curriculums should be designed with the job market in mind
- Textbooks are overpriced and should be replaced with digital alternatives
- Should religion be taught in schools?
- Is repeating classes beneficial for underperforming students?
- Students should not have to ask to use the restroom
- Is having a handwriting class beneficial?
- Is there a point to giving homework?
- Education needs to be available in prisons
- We are being overcharged for education
- Online learning should be held to equal importance as schools
- Are teachers paid enough?
- Is there room for commercial advertisement in schools?
- Are study halls still relevant?
- Are our children safe at school?
- School trips are a waste of money
- Educational institutes should be more welcoming to technological changes
- Schools should teach multiple languages
- Public schools are better than private schools
- Why meditation should be included in the daily curriculum
- Are scholarships reaching the right people?
Persuasive Speech Topics about Environment
- Current environmental laws are insufficient
- Green energy is the future
- The environmental impact of palm oil
- The environmental impact of single-use bags
- Fishing restrictions need to be stricter
- Oil spills are deadly to marine life
- Leaving fossil fuels behind
- Pollution has reached alarming levels
- Garden owners should be allowed to grow exotic plants
- Switch to hybrid cars to help the environment
- Rainforests are going extinct at an alarming rate
- Why natural resources are quickly going extinct
- Alternative energy sources should be pushed by governments
Persuasive Speech Topics about Ethical Issues
- Euthanasia should be legalized
- Why eating meat does not make me a bad person
- Can true equality ever really be achieved?
- Is messing with unborn children’s genetics ethical?
- Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason
- Animal testing is a necessary part of production
- Why we need to stop producing and buying fur
- Prostitution should be legalized
- Doping and it’s place in sports
- Why workplace relationships should be avoided
- Is religion a cult?
- Should prayers be included in schools?
- Parents should not be able to choose the sex of their unborn child
- Donating to charities is a scam
- Aborting fetuses with birth defects is not immoral
- Wars have positive consequences as well
- Why genital mutilation in infants needs to be stopped
- Conventional beauty standards are misleading
- China’s One-child policy was a good idea for population control
- Animal testing and why it is immoral
Persuasive Speech Topics about Food
- Why banning cigarettes and alcohol from advertisements is not effective
- Sugar is added to everything we eat
- Children should be taught to cook
- Why growing your own food will help both you and the environment
- Peanuts: The secret superfood
- We should be more open to genetically engineered food products
- The proper way to dispose your food waste
- The loopholes in labelling laws
- Keto goes against the natural human evolution
- Artificial chemicals in our food products is harming us
Persuasive Speech Topics about Health
- The legal age for contraceptive treatment should be lowered
- Fast food is slowly killing you
- How positive thinking can change your life
- Breakfast isn’t the most important meal of the day
- Stomach stapling should not be normalized
- If you don’t wear a seat belt, you are putting yourself at great risk
- How diabetes can affect your work
- How daily exercise can change your life
- Stress as the leading cause of teen suicide
- Diet pills are a scam
- Body shaming is putting lives at risk
- Contraceptive education is an effective solution for teen pregnancy
- There is such a thing as too much soda
- Free condom distribution at schools is better than teaching about abstinence
- The toothpick you pick matters
- Surrogacy should be more widely accepted
- Why insomnia should be taken as a more serious health concern
- Helmets and seatbeat save lives
- Restaurants need to be more vigilant about handling allergies
- How Big Pharma is controlling your life
- The medical field is criminally underfunded
- We are eating too much salt
- Organ donation should be an opt-out system
- The dangers of an anti-vaxxers movement
- Why fire drills are ineffective
- Why you need to take that vacation
- Good sleep is underrated
- Why vaping is not a better alternative
- Your stress is killing you
- It is not healthy for children to be vegetarians
- Parents don’t need to be informed about underage abortions
- Donating blood should be encouraged early
- How much do you know about what’s in your food
I hope you find the tips for persuasive speech and persuasive speech topics useful. Let me what you think of them by commenting below.